2005-09-17

The first top girt is installed!


As promised, here's a pic of 11.8 tons of crush and run. Plus, you can see at the far end the last two columns are up. The bottom plates were nailed on top of the two bottom girts. What you can't see is 2 x 6 blocking was nailed between the girts on 16" centers. Blocking stiffens both girts which is necessary as the inside bottom girt will serve as the form boards for the concrete pour.

Today I installed 2x4s onto the 4 end columns. These serve to support the 2x10x20'top outside girt and also act as backing for the OSB wall sheathing.

And I got another important little task done today, I planted a couple rows of turnips in the small raised garden area.

2 comments:

Gun Trash said...

Aw, davidfrie07012050, you're just pulling my leg, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd say you're one of those blog spam thingamajigs that clutter up the Internet.

If so (and don't take this personally), I hope you contract a painful, debilitating disease and die a slow, agonizing death.

If not, have a nice day! :-)

Red Queen said...

Nice garden! Turnip greens yummy- ok I dont really think that but I know many do. Be Blessed today!